The Learners of E-180
E-180 has both a paid (conference) platform as well as a public platform which aims to connect people on ‘brain dates’, where they can meet in-person and learn about a specific topic. The motivations and drives of the users on that platform were unclear, so I created this persona iteration to help the team improve user engagement and to proceed with product development.
I conducted 17 qualitative interviews with users of the platform, creating questions to try to draw out key aspects of their motivation, including:
- How do you learn? What approaches work for you?
- Do you have learning goals? If so, how are they determined and defined?
- To what end do you want to learn something new?
- How introverted or extroverted are you?
- What are your expectations of a good brain date?
In a relatively short time, I found prevailing trends amongst the participant responses and found crafting personas from these interviews quite smooth. I presented the personas to the team and spoke about how these might work as an anchor point in further design efforts.